From September through to November, Carluccio’s restaurants across Yorkshire (Leeds, York, Beverley and Sheffield Meadowhall) will be celebrating the mushroom with a special range of artisan deli products and a specials menu enriched by treasures from Antonio Carluccio’s book ‘The Quiet Hunt’.
Whether in a hearty risotto, sautéed on toast, or in a creamy sauce, the mushroom has been a proud staple in Italian cuisine for centuries. From breakfast to dinner, there’s an array of Antonio’s mushroom dishes at your local. Start the morning with the new Portobello Benedict – poached eggs with hollandaise served on roasted portobello mushrooms. Lunch and dinner dishes include Mushroom Fonduta – mixed mushrooms in a rich taleggio sauce with white truffle oil, Porcini and Truffle Lasagne, Porcini and Portobello Risotto and Fillet Steak with truffle butter, served with a rich mushroom and porcini sauce.
Finish of with the ‘Bosco Incantato’ – a dessert inspired by Antonio’s vast collection of mushroom memorabilia – a ‘toadstool’ made with vanilla & chocolate ice cream, chocolate & hazelnut sauce, pistachios, hazelnuts, fresh raspberries and panettone.
What’s more, buy two main courses from the mushroom menu and receive a free bottle of wine to enjoy with your meal* when you sign-up online and redeem your voucher beforehand at www.carluccios.com/wine2019.
As foraging for wild mushrooms was Antonio passion and a national pastime in Italy – Carluccio’s has packaged up some delicious standout products available for purchase in-store or online including:
- Risotto con tartufi e porcini (250g, £5.95) – An easy to make risotto with dried porcini and truffle pieces. You will only need butter and parmesan to create a creamy and rich risotto.
- Burro al tartufo (80g, £5.25) – Truffle butter with black summer truffle. Delicious with pasta, rice, polenta or potatoes. Spread on small pieces of crostini toast for a special antipasto.
- Olio al tartufo (55ml, £7.95) – Olive oil infused with white truffle. A few drops will bring dishes to life…
- Crema di porcini e tartufi (80g, £3.95) – A cream of porcini mushroom and truffle, ideal to stir through a long pasta such as pappardelle or use as a decadent crostini.
- Tritato di funghi e tartufi (80g, £5.95) – Coarsely ground mushrooms & truffle. Perfect for instant crostini & wonderful topping for a steak.