The finalists of the SIBA Business Awards 2019 have today (Wednesday 6 March) been revealed, with a number of Yorkshire-based breweries making the shortlist.
The awards, run by the Society of Independent Brewers and judged by a panel of industry experts, are set to take place a week today on 13 March at BeerX UK 2019 – the trade association’s flagship beer and brewing event in Liverpool.
The Yorkshire-based breweries that have been named as finalists in their respective categories are:
- Black Sheep, Harrogate (Marketing Implementation)
- North Brewing Co, Leeds (Business Innovation and Commercial Achievement)
- Abbeydale Brewery, Sheffield (Best Concept Design)
- Curry Leaf, Doncaster (UK’s Best Independent Craft Beer Restaurant)
- The Turkshead at Whitelocks, Leeds (UK’s Best Independent Craft Beer Bar or Pub – City)
- Kirkstall Bridge Inn, Leeds (UK’s Best Independent Craft Beer Bar or Pub – Rural)
“The SIBA Business Awards 2019 represent our biggest competition ever, with a 25% increase in entries on last year, which was in itself a record breaking year for the awards,” explains Neil Walker, SIBA Business Awards Judges Chair. “What has been particularly impressive though was the standard and quality of entries, with judges having a really difficult task separating an over-achieving pack!”
The awards congratulate excellence across the beer and brewing industry – from independent craft breweries making efforts to improve their green credentials or business efficiency, to bars, retailers and restaurants who have shown a talent for supplying the best beer in the UK.
“These really are the top craft beer businesses around, with those crowned overall winners at BeerX UK set to be acknowledged as the very best of the best,” Mr Walked added.
The SIBA Business Awards 2019 take place at 6.30pm on Wednesday the 13 March at the BeerX UK beer and brewing trade event at Liverpool Exhibition Centre. The trade-only event continues for a second day on Thursday 14 March and more information can be found via beerx.org.