To celebrate the change in season (now the sun has finally returned!) Cantina, the all-vegan eatery based within The Old Red Bus Station in the heart of Leeds, has curated a brand new menu filled with classic favourites, as well as healthier bites that champion seasonal summer ingredients.
The new summer menu features a broad selection of all vegan mains including burgers, sandwiches and a selection of healthier options alongside a whole host of classic side dishes.
The menu features variations of Cantina favourites named after appropriately named celebrities:
- Cluck Norris – Buttermilk fried ‘chicken’ patty tossed in Cantina’s sweet house hot sauce, beer-battered onion rings, jalapeños, rainbow slaw and salad served in a fresh bun.
- Moodonna – ‘Beefy’ patty, smoked cheeze, fajita style peppers and onions, Pico de Gallo, rainbow slaw and guacamole served in a fresh bun.
- David Hameron – Tofu Baecon, BBQ pulled ‘pork’, beer-battered onion rings, salad, crispy beacon bits and rainbow slaw served in a fresh bun.
- Fin Diesel – Smoked ‘Salmon’, smoked cream cheeze, salad, cucumber, spring onion and chives, drizzled with thousand island sauce and served in a fresh sesame bagel.
- Ellen DeCheddares – Cashew Mac and Cheeze patty topped with mushroom mince chilli, on a bed of lettuce, pickles and burger sauce in a fresh bun.
- Kevin Bacon – layers of tofu beacon, sliced tomato, lettuce and garlic mayo in a fresh bun.
- Piggy Azalea – Loaded hot dog with cheeze, beacon, onions, lettuce, garlic mayo and ketchup.
- Jim Curry – Onion bhajis, mango and pineapple salsa, pickled red onions, salad and coconut raita served in a fresh bun.
As well as some brand new flavours and healthier options:
- Over the Grainbow – Spiced quinoa, roasted summer vegetables, rainbow slaw, smashed avocados and lime salad topped with sweet sesame tofu and a balsamic glaze.
- Holy Shiitake! – Vietnamese noodle soup with shiitake mushrooms, tofu, shaved carrot and spring onion.
- Cheesus Christ – Creamy Cashew Mac and Cheeze topped with bacon bits, pickles and garlic mayo.
And some classic sides:
- Salt and Pepper Chips
- Deep Fried Oreo Skewers
- Beer Battered Onion Rings
- Sticky Sesame Jackfruit Wings
- Onion Bhajis with Raita Dip
- Crispy Battered Garlic Mushrooms
Alongside the brand new food menu, The Old Red Bus Station bar has an array of vegan alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to choose from.
Established in 2015, Cantina is the brainchild of multi-platform media brand Champion Up North and has become renowned for its 100% vegan approach to food and drink. It proudly endorses veganism and sustainability, in the process becoming an integral part of the Leeds Vegetarian and Vegan scene with all its products being plant-based.
Bookings and walk-ins welcome.
The Old Red Bus Station
104 Vicar Lane, Leeds
0113 345 4390