Imagine Michael Bublé singing Jingle Bells, sat next to Santa Claus in his sleigh, being driven through the snow by Rudolph and the rest of the reindeer gang. The gloriously wintry scene you’ve just pictured is still not as cheesy as Byron Hamburgers’ Christmas menu, a five-part feast of all things fromage, starring the UK’s cheesiest burger, The Fromagemas, which is available at its UK restaurants including Leeds until 2nd January 2018.
Cheese lovers now have the ultimate reason to rejoice during the season of goodwill. You won’t find dry, boring turkey in this tasty troupe of treats, just proper cheesy hamburgers and a selection of sensational sides, including:
- The Fromagemas, £1o.75, 6oz hamburger, Barber’s Cheddar, Barber’s Red Leicester, Byron Cheese, crispy Grana Padano, red onion, smoked tomato ketchup, Grana Padano aioli, with a jug of hot melty Byron Cheese sauce;
- The Grande Fromagemas £13.25, for the ultimate indulgence, make The Fromagemas a double;
- Holy Cheeseballs £5.25, Mac & cheese bites topped with buffalo glaze, Byron Cheese sauce, spring onions and crispy bacon;
- Holly Macaroni £4.50, Byron’s signature macaroni cheese with green chillies, green peppers, and jalapeños;
- Oreo® Cheesecake Freakshake £8.50, 50/50 vanilla/chocolate ice cream, Oreo cheesecake, malt, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and an Oreo ice cream sandwich.
This is the sixth year that Byron is celebrating Cheesemas, in the process offering burger lovers the perfect antidote to turkey and cranberry, according to Paul Coppin, Marketing Director: “We wanted to offer something different during this time of the year, something meatier and cheesier. Our menu is the perfect present for any cheese lover looking for an indulgent treat this Christmas.”
The star of the Cheesemas menu is undeniably The Fromagemas. Constructed using ten layers of cheese, including Cheddar and Red Leicester made by Barber’s, the oldest cheddar-makers in the world, The Fromagemas is a burger made for cheese worshipers. It even comes with a hot jug of melty Byron Cheese to pour over the patty.
Byron has enlisted the help of Barber’s Cheese Director of Cheesiness, Charlie Barber, for an expert opinion on whether the ten layers of cheese featured in The Fromagemas make it the UK’s cheesiest burger.
“The Cheesemas menu from Byron certainly gets the Barber’s seal of approval – this must be the ultimate cheesy burger,” Charlie commented.
Apparently ‘it isn’t easy being this cheesy’ but Byron has made it look effortless with The Fromagemas. The high quality of the burger is kicked up a couple of notches with a delightful mix of cheeses that treads the fine line between complimenting the patty and overpowering it. The jug of pouring cheese is a lovely touch and with a wide range of tempting sides available too – all washed down with a Orea Cheesecake Freakshake – a visit to Byron’s Leeds restaurant is a fantastic way to get into the festive spirit this Christmas.
To book a table at a Byron restaurant this Christmas visit www.byronhamburgers.com/christmas.
Keep up to date with all of Byron’s Cheesemas activity by searching for #Cheesemas across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.