Slingsby Gin fan Anna, will be hosting a live cook-a-long on her Instagram profile, where Gin lovers will have the chance to create an exclusive new recipe at home, but with a citrusy twist. Anna will be showing cooking enthusiasts how to make Slingsby Gin drunken apricots with meringue and citrus cream. The key ingredient in this brand new recipe is the latest flavour variant in Slingsby’s product portfolio – Slingsby Marmalade Gin.
The chef and food writer will be virtually inviting you into her stunning kitchen for the 45 minute session at 6pm. Slingsby Marmalade Gin contains tasting notes of orange citrus, tangerine flavours and crisp grapefruit, whilst the Yorkshire Marmalade provides a beautifully sweet finish. These delicious flavours will be present in the recipe as the apricots will be roasted and infused with the Gin. The Slingsby Gin drunken orange and apricots with thyme and vanilla recipe serves four people, and takes 15 minutes to prep and 25 minutes to cook. A brilliant dinner party dish for virtual gatherings or one to perfect for future get togethers, this one is a must make!
For those cooking along at home, Slingsby Gin has revealed the list of ingredients you will need to create this dish.
- Six apricots – halved
- One orange – zested and juice added
- Two generous slugs of Slingsby’s Marmalade Gin
- Vanilla pod – halved and scraped out – all added
- Two tbsp honey
- Five-six sprigs of fresh thyme
- Several turns of black pepper
- Four meringue nests – crumbled
- 600ml double cream
- One-Two tsp orange blossom
- One tsp vanilla bean paste – or use remaining half of pod
- Zest of half an orange
- Two heaped tbsp of icing sugar – or to taste
- Several sprigs of mint – leaves picked
- Sprig of fresh thyme
So top your glass with Slingsby Marmalade Gin, pair with a Mediterranean tonic and a twist of orange peel and join us at the live cook-a-long with Anna Barnett on Saturday 13th June at 6pm on Anna’s Instagram channel #CookingwithSlingsby #WorldGinDay